At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Exploding Charm (Bombarda) is a charm that detonates the target in a small explosion. One use for this explosion is to blast open sealed doors or to blow bars off of windows. The incantation Bombarda Maxima is a stronger, more powerful variation of this spell.
Based off of the English word "bombard", meaning: attack (a place or person) continuously with bombs, shells, or other missiles.
Behind the scenes
- This spell was first seen in the third film; in the book, however, Hermione uses a safer unlocking spell.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Possible appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references