The wings of the fairy are used as an ingredient in potion-making, such as in the Girding Potion, the Beautification Potion, the Bountiful Brew, and the Draught of Perception. Removing a fairy's wings is safe, but will cause extreme annoyance to the fairy in question due to the creatures' natural vanity. Because the fairies are very hard to approach and to capture, their wings are considered as precious ingredients.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)