The wings of the fairy were used as an ingredient in potion-making, such as in the Girding Potion, and the Beautification Potion. Removing a fairy's wings was safe, but would cause extreme annoyance to the fairy in question, due to the creatures' natural vanity. Because the fairies were very hard to approach and to capture, their wings were considered precious ingredients.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, this ingredient was featured in Beta testing for the game, but it along with other ingredients and potions were cut from the final edit and were not released in the game.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Cut from final edit)