At least some content in this article is derived from information about Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
|"Wait, I do sense something!"
This page contains, or revolves around, a confirmed future release. As the release date of the product approaches and more information becomes available, the content of the page may change dramatically.
Secrets of Dumbledore re-entered the wizarding world of J.K. Rowling was a great creative adventure and at the same time an enormous logistical challenge. adventure and, at the same time, an enormous logistical challenge because of the outbreak of the Covid Pandemic at the beginning of production. That's why we spent most of our time working at Leavesden Studios in Hertfordshire, England. There on the studio lot, Stuart Craig and his wonderful design team, which had shrunk considerably due to corona-related travel restrictions, created magical versions of Berlin, Bhutan, and China. We also recreated some of the most famous settings from previous stories and films of the wizarding world, including the Boar's Head Inn, the Room of Requirement, and Hogwarts itself. Jo and Steve's script skilfully moves between the new and the old, combining a story full of charm and emotion with contemporary political content. The narrative centres on Albus Dumbledore, one of the most beloved and endearing characters in Jo's universe, who is here confronted with present dangers and past mistakes, while Newt Scamander leads a mission to prevent Grindelwald's rise to power. While the world outside went into a strange hibernation, we worked for many months to bring Jo's and Steve's writing to the screen. In Dumbledore's Mysteries, dangerous times may favour dangerous people, but the perseverance and courage of Dumbledore, Newt, and all the helpers they have gathered to fight the most murderous wizard of recent centuries inspire hope that light and liche will prevail in the end, despite all the challenges.
DAVID YATES March 21, 2022
The cover features the famous Hogwarts castle, framed in all its magnificent glory by the setting sun. And gliding over the lake is a majestic and fiery phoenix, signifying Dumbledore himself, as these creatures are known for their ties to his family.
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, should be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
Behind the scenes
- Neil Blair, who represents J. K. Rowling, has confirmed on Twitter that a screenplay will be released for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.
- On 24 March 2022, the official title and cover of the book were revealed.
- Interestingly, the cover of this edition is different from the previous two screenplays, which were both designed and illustrated by MinaLima.
- Unlike the first two Fantastic Beasts screenplays, this screenplay is to be released three months after the release of its film, whereas the first two were released at the same time as their corresponding films. The title is also changed from "The Original Screenplay" to "The Complete Screenplay".
Notes and references
- The third Fantastic Beasts film confirms new details including cast members and location
- Fantastic Beasts the Secrets of Dumbledore: The Complete Screenplay (Fantastic Beasts, 3) Hardcover – July 19, 2022 Amazon
- Wizarding World: "Keep visiting WizardingWorld.com or register with us and remember to opt-in to our newsletter for more updates on the Fantastic Beasts films – including the publication of the screenplay of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore in the English language by Little, Brown (U.K.), Scholastic (U.S.) and Pottermore Publishing (ebook) which will be published on 19 July 2022. More languages will also follow on that date."
- responding to "Can you put some minds at ease and confirm if we're getting a script book for TSOD? Some people are panicking bc minalima are saying they're not *currently*working on it. Thanks!"
- PHANTASTISCHE TIERWESEN: DUMBLEDORES GEHEIMNISSE (DAS ORIGINALDREHBUCH)
- Cover for Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore screenplay revealed