|"Wait, I do sense something!"
This page contains, or revolves around, a confirmed future release. As the release date of the product approaches and more information becomes available, the content of the page may change dramatically.
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
The term "Fantastic Beasts 3" is the unofficial, provisional title of the third instalment in the Fantastic Beasts film series, following Crimes of Grindelwald. It is set to be released on 15 July, 2022.
Very little is known about the plot of this film. J. K. Rowling has commented, via her Twitter account, that we will see the "true glory" of Ilvermorny Professor Eulalie Hicks (played by Jessica Williams, who was introduced in the preceding instalment) in Fantastic Beasts 3. It has been suggested by a series of other Tweets by Rowling that this film might be set, at least partially, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; in an interview in February 2019, actor Dan Fogler also mentioned the film being set in Brazil.
When asked to describe the third Fantastic Beasts film in three words, J.K. Rowling said "Answers are given." Dan Fogler described the film as a set-up for World War II, suggesting that the film is set at some point before September 1939.
J. K. Rowling has commented on her Twitter account that she was done writing the script to Fantastic Beasts 3 on 10 December, 2018. Upon reports that the film's release date was pushed from November 2020 to one year later, November 2021, comments from actor Eddie Redmayne at the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2019 suggested that production was waiting on Rowling to finish working on the script.
Whereas J.K. Rowling was the sole writer for the first two films in the franchise, Steve Kloves, who served as screenwriter for all Harry Potter films except Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, will serve as a co-writer for Fantastic Beasts 3 with Rowling.
Filming was set to begin on 16 March 2020 in London, but was postponed due to growing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic. Filming commenced on 20 September, 2020. In November, Johnny Depp announced that he was asked by Warner Bros. to resign following a libel lawsuit. He decided to step down from the role of Gellert Grindelwald, and the studio will recast the role for the third film. At the same time as announcing Depp's exit, Warner Bros. also announced that the release of Fantastic Beasts 3 had been delayed again to summer 2022, with a new date of 15 July 2022 announced the following day.
Later in November, a MuggleNet article stated that Mads Mikkelsen was lined up to take over the role of Grindelwald. On November 25, 2020, Warner Bros. confirmed that Mikkelsen would play the role of Grindelwald.
- Eddie Redmayne as Newton "Newt" Scamander
- Katherine Waterston as Porpentina "Tina" Goldstein
- Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein
- Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski
- Ezra Miller as Credence Barebone
- Callum Turner as Theseus Scamander
- Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore
- Mads Mikkelsen as Gellert Grindelwald
- Jessica Williams as Eulalie Hicks
- Jeremy Azis as German Muggle
- Poppy Corby-Tuech as Vinda Rosier
Notes and references
- Rubin, Rebecca (November 9, 2020). ‘Fantastic Beasts 3’ Sets New Release Date.
- You only see a HINT of Lally in Fantastic Beasts 2. Her true glory is revealed in FB3. by J.K. Rowling on Twitter
- Alexander, Thomas (7 February 2019). "Exclusive Interview: Dan Fogler on the return of The Walking Dead, Brooklyn Gladiator and Fantastic Beasts 3". HeyUGuys. Retrieved on 2 November 2019.
- 'Answers are given.' by J.K. Rowling on Twitter
- Carbone, Gina (September 2019). "Eddie Redmayne Has An 'Exciting' Fantastic Beasts 3 Filming Update". CinemaBlend. Retrieved on 2 November 2019.
- Whitten, Sarah (November 4, 2019). ‘Fantastic Beasts 3’ will be co-written by ‘Harry Potter’ screenwriter after ‘Crimes of Grindelwald’ flop. CNBC. Retrieved on 2019 November 5.
- Johnny Depp Leaves Role Of Grindelwald For Fantastic Beasts 3
- Fantastic Beasts 3 Release Date Delayed to 2022
- Crew Members Inside Production Confirm That Mads Mikkelsen Is Replacing Johnny Depp as Grindelwald
- Mads Mikkelsen confirmed to play Gellert Grindelwald in third Fantastic Beasts film
- IMDB Jeremy Aziz
- Instagram Poppy Corby-Tuech
|J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series|
|Philosopher's Stone||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Chamber of Secrets||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Prisoner of Azkaban||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Goblet of Fire||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Order of the Phoenix||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Half-Blood Prince||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Deathly Hallows||book||film 1||game 1||film soundtrack 1||game soundtrack 1|
|film 2||game 2||film soundtrack 2||game soundtrack 2|
|Fantastic Beasts (film series)|
|Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them||book||screenplay||film||soundtrack||game|
|The Crimes of Grindelwald||screenplay||film||soundtrack|
|Fantastic Beasts 3||film|
|Fantastic Beasts 4||film|
|Fantastic Beasts 5||film|