Magical abilities and skills
- Apparition: Fergus was capable of apparating at will, often doing it to simply annoy his cousin Seamus.
The name "Fergus" means "man of vigour", derived from the Gaelic elements fear "man" and gus "vigour". This was the name of several characters in Irish legend including the Ulster hero Fearghas mac Róich.
Behind the scenes
- The fact that Fergus was a wizard suggests that he was related to Seamus through Mrs Finnigan.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- He was at least seventeen years old in 1996, as he had already passed his apparation test.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 17 (A Sluggish Memory)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.