Fire seeds (also spelled fireseeds) were the seeds from the fire seed bush. They were used as ingredients in certain potions, including the Fire-Breathing Potion, and the Antidote to Uncommon Poisons. When fire seeds were thrown into a fire, they emitted a great burst of heat, which can be used in the final stage of hatching dragon eggs.
As the seeds were as hot as fire while still attached to the plant, they had to be first be cooled down before collecting them. The fastest way this could be done was by chilling the seeds, such as with the Freezing Spell. Alternatively, the seeds can be removed from the plant, such as with the Knockback Jinx, and would cool down after waiting a while.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance) (PC and PS1 versions)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Console versions)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - PC version
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, Side Quest "Help Hagrid!"
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - Console versions