The spittle of the Flesh-Eating Slug has a corrosive effect on both skin and plants.
It is a garden pest, and in 1992, the Hogwarts Gamekeeper Rubeus Hagrid explained to Harry Potter that Flesh-Eating Slugs were ruining all of the school cabbages. The only known way to get rid of these slugs is by using a specific repellent that can be bought in Knockturn Alley.
During the Calamity which occurred in the 2010s, several Flesh-Eating Slug Foundables were found being guarded by Troll Confoundables. Volunteer wizards and witches had to overcome these small obstacles by using the Knockback Jinx to knock the Trolls over and allow the slug Foundables to return to the Hogwarts vegetable patches.
Behind the scenes
- In the video game of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, they are depicted as being roughly the same size of adolescent humans, being able to move much faster than normal slugs and having a high tolerance to fire, although they can be incinerated with enough casts of the Incendio Duo spell.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Illustration on a Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent container)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - GBC version
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 7 (The Boggart in the Wardrobe)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PS1 version