In his will, Dumbledore left Harry Potter the first Golden Snitch he ever caught during his first Quidditch match at Hogwarts. Minister for Magic Rufus Scrimgeour told Harry that due to flesh memory, the Snitch would only open for him, and possibly there was something important inside it. But when Harry held the Snitch after all those years, nothing happened and it didn't open. It was only after Scrimgeour departed that Harry remembered he caught the Snitch with his mouth. When he pressed his lips to it, an inscription appeared that said "I open at the close".
The Snitch actually contained the Resurrection Stone from the Peverell Ring, one of the Deathly Hallows, and Harry was only able to open the Snitch and use the Stone to summon dead spirits of his loved ones as he prepared to face Voldemort and die to protect his friends.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7