Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour was a shop that sold ice cream. Located in North Side, Diagon Alley, next to the Second-Hand Bookshop, the Parlour was owned and operated by Florean Fortescue before he disappeared in 1996.
The Parlour is a small shop with places to sit down inside, and a small area outside with a bunch of tables and chairs. Inside, there can be found lots of colourful ice-cream on display.
On Harry Potter's first visit to Diagon Alley, Rubeus Hagrid presented him with a large ice cream (chocolate and raspberry flavoured with chopped nuts), which likely came from Fortescue's establishment.
When Harry spent three weeks staying at the Leaky Cauldron and hanging around Diagon Alley in August of 1993, he spent a lot of time at the Parlour doing his homework. Mr Fortescue offered advice about medieval witchcraft for a report Harry was writing and served him free ice cream sundaes every half-hour.
In 1996, Bill Weasley mentioned that Mr Fortescue had been "dragged off" by the looks of the ice cream parlour. It was later confirmed that he had been abducted by Death Eaters, and eventually killed. Florean knows information on the Elder Wand and the lost diadem of Rowena Ravenclaw, so Voldemort captured and tortured him. It was stated that the shop was boarded up after Florean's mysterious disappearance. It is unknown what became of the Parlour after his death.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Magical Places from the Films: Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and Beyond on Amazon.com
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 6 (Draco's Detour)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) DVD (Disc 2) - Diagon Alley Tour
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- PotterCast 131 J.K. Rowling Interview Transcript