At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
When trying to persuade Professor Severus Snape to attend Rubeus Hagrid's surprise birthday party in 1984 by gifting him potion ingredients, Jacob's sibling found fluxweed in the Artefact Room at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with help from Ben Copper and Penny Haywood.
The word Flux means constant change or flow, so it makes logical sense that it would be an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion.
Behind the scenes
- The use of fluxweed in the Polyjuice Potion was chosen by J. K. Rowling to represent "the mutability of the body as it changed into another".
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ Flixweed at Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 10 (The Rogue Bludger)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, Side Quest "Hagrid's Magical Birthday Party!"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6
- ↑ Pottermore - The Polyjuice Potion - J.K. Rowling's Thoughts