A flying book is any book that had been bewitched to fly, as well as to attack and bite anyone nearby. Some of them may throw projectiles. Found in the Hogwarts Library, particularly the Restricted Section they are multiple ways to defend against a flying book. They can be stunned using a Knockback Jinx, burned with a Fire-Making Spell or transfigured into a mouse using the Snufflifors Spell.
These books were imported from the Hogwarts Express on 1 September, 1993 in large wooden crates that were held in a freight compartment of the train. They were moved into the Glanmore Peakes Corridor and the Hogwarts Library had a number of copies by September of 1991.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4