At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Snape made them all nervous, breathing down their necks while they tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness potion."
- — The first year Potions exam in 1992 involving this potion[src]
The Forgetfulness Potion was a potion which caused an unknown degree of memory loss in the drinker. The recipe for this potion could be found in Magical Drafts and Potions; its key ingredients included Lethe River Water, mistletoe berries, and Valerian sprigs.
- Add 2 drops of Lethe River Water to your cauldron
- Gently heat for 20 seconds
- Add 2 Valerian sprigs to your cauldron
- Stir 3 times, clockwise
- Wave your wand
- Leave to brew and return in 45-60 minutes.
- Add 2 measures of Standard Ingredient to the mortar
- Add 4 mistletoe berries to the mortar
- Crush into a medium-fine powder using the pestle
- Add 2 pinches of the crushed mixture to your cauldron
- Stir 5 times, anti-clockwise
- Wave your wand to complete the potion.
Behind the scenes
- Given that every potion's brewing process must include a magical component to complete it, the most likely spell to complete this potion's brewing process is a Memory Charm.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned in a deleted scene)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery