Could we have a Minister for Magic election? That's the idea I had while seeing the USA Presidential results yesterday. Basicly it would be a tribute to awesome users, elected by all the registed users. What do you think? -- Seth Cooper Owl Post 20:16, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Not a bad idea. As long as the position is purely cermonial. It's not a good thing to put a single user in charge of an entire wiki, as it undermines the community aspect. Jayce Carver Talk 20:21, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Sounds like a good idea. Purely ceremonial is definately the way to go. Go ahead and nominate below... (but keep the discussion above the nomination section please). --
22:11, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
- Also, when you nominate someone, leave a note on their talk page explaining that they have been nominated and asking them to accept or decline the nomination. Thanks! -- 22:13, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
I'm thinking that the Minister position could actually be more than just ceremonial. I'm not suggesting that it should give special powers, but more of a loose set of responsibilities, like guiding new users, resolving disputes, and helping to motivate greater involvement in community projects. Thoughts? ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 00:12, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hm, thats a great thought. I like that idea. Those 3 ideas sound good to me. --
00:22, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- I set up deadlines for the nomination and voting periods. -- 01:57, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- What about the rule against self-voting that we had during the admin election? We could also allow the Minister to appoint a "cabinet," by giving out special awards, which would be based on the Ministry departments. A Head of the Auror Office award could be given to the best vandal fighter for instance. ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 03:18, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
- Definately no voting for yourself, and the head of departments sound like a great idea. -- 12:25, 6 November 2008 (UTC)
Nominate a fantastic user here as a candidate for our Minister for Magic!
The nomination period has closed.
You may only vote for one candidate.
Voting will close at 0:00, 19 November 2008 (UTC).
Freakatone (by Matoro183) (2 votes)
Matoro183 (by Freakatone) (1 vote)
Oread (by Starstuff) (1 vote)
Starstuff (by Freakatone) (2 votes)
- -- 03:02, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
- Oread 22:48, 7 November 2008 (UTC)