At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
Like most wizards and witches in Great Britain, he likely purchased it from Garrick Ollivander at the age of eleven before beginning his education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1989, from Ollivanders in Diagon Alley.
Fred was a powerful and gifted wizard along with his brother George, and could perform a wide variety of magic and spells with his wand, ranging from charms, transfiguration to martial magic. He could also produce a fully corporeal Patronus in the shape of a Magpie.
During the 1995–1996 school year, Fred joined Dumbledore's Army as a loyal and committed member, and learnt how to cast various offensive and defensive spells in the Defence Against the Dark Arts training supervised by Harry Potter.
Behind the scenes
- The wand prop used in the films was dark in colour with a handle resembling a pine cone.
- Despite having what looks to be a pine cone for a handle, the wand wood is not likely pine, as pine wands select owners destined for long lives, whereas Fred died young.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- J.K. Rowling on Twitter - "Magpies. I thought I'd said that before? We have a saying about them in the UK, 'one for sorrow, two for joy', as you might know. Plus, they're talkative thieves."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 18 (Dumbledore's Army)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 16 (A Very Frosty Christmas) - "Mrs Weasley entered the room just in time to see Ron throw the sprout knife at Fred, who had turned it into a paper aeroplane with one lazy flick of his wand."
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 31 (The Battle of Hogwarts) - "Fred and Percy had just backed into view, both of them duelling masked and hooded men."
- James and Oliver Phelps talk about the wands they used shooting the films and how they would have liked to take them home.