|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Fred and George Weasley's departure from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry took place sometime after the Easter Holidays in 1996, after rebelling against Dolores Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad for most of the year.
Events leading up to their departure
- Joining Dumbledore's Army with a number of other students
- Selling Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes products that they had perfected to Hogwarts students
- Shoving Graham Montague into the Vanishing Cabinet after he tried to dock a large amount of House points from them
- Setting off their entire stock of Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-bangs all through Hogwarts
- Placing a Portable Swamp in the hallway near Professor Umbridge's office
- Umbridge: "You two are about to learn what happens to wrong-doers in my school."
- Fred: "You know what? I don't think we are. George, I think we've outgrown full-time education... Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?"
- George: "Definitely."
- — The twins departing Hogwarts[src]
Along with Peeves, many other students attempted to become "Troublemakers-in-Chief". Lee Jordan had been setting Nifflers into Umbridge's office, students often dropped Dungbombs and Stink Pellets, and many students who had bought Skiving Snackboxes put use to them while in Umbridge's classes.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, since Harry's attempt to use Umbridge's fireplace to connect to 12 Grimmauld Place to speak to Sirius and Lupin has been omitted, Fred and George fly away from Hogwarts after having released their Whiz-bangs. The Portable Swamp is omitted also.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)