At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Listening to the Fwooper's high pitched, twittering song would drive the listener insane, so each bird must be sold with a Silencing Charm placed on it. The Charm had to be reinforced monthly, and a licence was required to own one of the birds.
Uric the Oddball once tried to convince the Wizards' Council that the Fwooper song was actually beneficial to a Wizard's health, and listened to it continuously for three months. His presentation did not go well, when he turned up wearing nothing but a toupee that, on closer examination, was revealed to be a dead badger.
Behind the scenes
- The Fwooper used to be the mascot of a Harry Potter-based animal rights group called The Protego Foundation (it was previously called The Fwooper Foundation and The Fantastic Beasts foundation) The organisation uses the Harry Potter series to compare how magical creatures (like Pygmy Puffs) in the Wizarding World and creatures in the muggle world (such as cats and dogs) are treated. The ancient rune Fwooper represents the number four, so they focus on four ways animals in the muggle world are used and exploited: animals used for food, used in entertainment, used for clothing, and used for companionship.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- LEGO Harry Potter
- J. K. Rowling's official site
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
|Professor: Bathsheda Babbling|
|Textbooks: Advanced Rune Translation · Ancient Runes Made Easy · Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms · Rune Dictionary · Spellman's Syllabary|
|Known Runes: Acromantula · Demiguise · Ehwaz · Eihwaz · Fwooper · Graphorn · Hydra · Quintaped · Runespoor · Salamander · Unicorn · Unknown · Mark of Merlin|
|Magical Creatures by classification|
|X||Flobberworm · Horklump|
|XX||Augurey · Bowtruckle · Chizpurfle · Clabbert · Diricawl · Fairy · Ghoul · Gnome · Grindylow · Imp · Jobberknoll · Mooncalf · Porlock · Puffskein · Ramora · Winged horse|
|XXX||Ashwinder · Billywig · Bundimun · Crup · Doxy · Dugbog · Fire crab · Fwooper · Glumbumble · Hippocampus · Hippogriff · Hodag · Jarvey · Knarl · Kneazle · Leprechaun · Lobalug · Mackled Malaclaw · Moke · Murtlap · Niffler · Nogtail · Pixie · Plimpy · Pogrebin · Red Cap · Salamander · Sea serpent · Shrake · Streeler · Winged horse|
|XXXX||Centaur · Demiguise · Erkling · Erumpent · Golden Snidget · Graphorn · Griffin · Hidebehind · Kappa · Kelpie · Merpeople · Occamy · Phoenix · Re'em · Runespoor · Snallygaster · Sphinx · Tebo · Thestral · Thunderbird · Troll · Unicorn · Winged horse · Yeti|
|XXXXX||Acromantula · Basilisk · Chimaera · Dragon · Horned Serpent · Lethifold · Manticore · Nundu · Quintaped · Wampus cat · Werewolf|