The Gargoyle Gate was a passage at Hogwarts Castle, connecting the main grounds with a small forest section. The gate was on a small paved courtyard, and it was comprised of big wooden double doors flanked by two columns topped with winged gargoyles shaped like boars. Later, another door was added which leads elsewhere.
Behind the scenes
- The Gargoyle Gate bears a resemblance to the Entrance Gates, but they are different structures.
- In the PS1 video game adaption of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets a new door is added and the gargoyles are removed. The player can actually try and pass through the door, but it will simply lead the player right back to the Gargoyle Gate.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance) (PS1 version)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 version)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - PS1 version
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - PS1 version