At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Behind the scenes
- Like most wizards and witches in Great Britain, he likely obtained it at the age of eleven before beginning his magical education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Since his family owns the famous wand shop Ollivanders, he may not have had to have purchase his wand.
- It's likely that this wand was made by Gerbold or Gervaise Ollivander, or he may have even crafted it himself given his superb talent as a wandmaker.
- According to the Wand Collection book, the wand was designed "as if it was carved from a tree twisted with age" and features runic marks along the wrinkled wood of the handle.
- Identical to the situation between Cedric Diggory's and Charlie Weasley's wand, Garrick Ollivander's wand shares the same wand wood and core components with Viktor Krum's wand.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Console versions only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.