|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Newt lands on his back and Graves immediately sets upon him, casting spells in a whip-like motion with increasing vigor. Graves’s immense power is evident, as Newt writhes on the ground, unable to stop him. […] Graves continues to whip Newt, a manic, crazed look in his eyes."
- —Grindelwald unleashes the lightning bolt curse[src]
There exists a curse that was used by the Dark Wizard Gellert Grindelwald against Newt Scamander in the New York City Subway in 1926, during the Obscurus attack on New York. It manifests itself in the form of a bolt of white lightning. It is very painful to be struck with, as Grindelwald used it to torture Newt Scamander upon overpowering him, and potentially deadly.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Possible appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)