- "...Hooper's a real whiner, he's always moaning about something or other..."
- —Angelina Johnson's reasoning for not picking Hooper to join her team[src]
Geoffrey Hooper is a student who attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and ended up in the Gryffindor House. He tried out for the Gryffindor Keeper position in 1995. He performed better during his trial than Ron Weasley, but Angelina Johnson felt that Geoffrey was a whiner and complainer and thus Ron was selected for the position instead.
The name "Geoffrey" is from a Norman French form of a Germanic name. The second element is Germanic frid "peace", but the first element may be either gawia "territory", walah "stranger" or gisil "hostage".
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- He must have been in at least his first year in 1995.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 13 (Detention with Dolores)