At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
Like most wizards and witches in Great Britain, George likely purchased it from Garrick Ollivander at the age of eleven before beginning his education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1989.
George Weasley was a powerful and gifted wizard along with his brother Fred, and was able to perform a wide variety of magic with his wand, from charms, Transfiguration and martial magic. He was also capable of conjuring a fully corporeal Patronus in the form of a Magpie.
During the 1995–1996 school year, George became a loyal member of Dumbledore's Army, and would have learned how to cast various defensive and offensive spells under Harry Potter's masterful Defence Against the Dark Arts teaching.
Behind the scenes
- When interviewed about the wand prop replica used in the films, actor Oliver Phelps said it was made to somewhat resemble a broomstick.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- J.K. Rowling on Twitter - "Magpies. I thought I'd said that before? We have a saying about them in the UK, 'one for sorrow, two for joy', as you might know. Plus, they're talkative thieves."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 18 (Dumbledore's Army)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 31 (The Battle of Hogwarts)
- James and Oliver Phelps talk about the wands they used shooting the films and how they would have liked to take them home.