|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Its diet consists mostly of dead blowflies and other insects. It has a long, green tongue, thick, purple skin covered in warts, and it likes to hide under objects, such as boxes. Individuals not wearing gloves may receive warts themselves.
Its warts (which can be removed with a Knockback Jinx) are used in the Dragon Tonic. However, having warts removed annoys them, and they disappear into a box or other hideout to spite the wizard who needs the warts.
Before the start of the 1993–1994 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger spotted several of these toads whilst shopping in the Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley, amongst other creatures such as Streelers and Fire Crabs.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First identified as Giant Purple Toad)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Game Boy Color version only) (First identified as Bullfrog)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Wizarding World
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC) - These are referred to both as "Bullfrogs" and "Purple Toads" they are giant in stature, and they refer to the same creature.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 5 (The Dementor)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)