- "Today, they suffered an hour and a half's droning on the subject of giant wars. Harry heard just enough within the first ten minutes to appreciate dimly that in another teacher's hands this subject might have been mildly interesting, but then his brain disengaged, and he spent the remaining hour and twenty minutes playing hangman on a corner of his parchment with Ron, while Hermione shot them filthy looks out of the corner of her eye."
- — Description[src]
Giant Wars are part of the O.W.L.-level History of Magic curriculum at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. During the 1988–1989 school year and 1995–1996 school year, this was a recurrent subject of Professor Cuthbert Binns's classes, and the professor once set a foot-and-a-half-long essay about it. Later still, at least one of the members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force would think back to their lesson on the subject with Professor Binns and recall that, while dull, that they learned facts that in retrospect provided them with an insight into how to stun a Giant.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Indirectly mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 16 (Godric's Hollow)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 23 (The Yule Ball)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite: (See video)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 12 (Professor Umbridge)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 5 (Penny, Portraits, Peace, and Pressure) - History of Magic Lesson "Giant Wars"
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 17 (Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four)