At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Today, they suffered an hour and a half's droning on the subject of giant wars. Harry heard just enough within the first ten minutes to appreciate dimly that in another teacher's hands this subject might have been mildly interesting, but then his brain disengaged, and he spent the remaining hour and twenty minutes playing hangman on a corner of his parchment with Ron, while Hermione shot them filthy looks out of the corner of her eye."
Giant Wars are part of the O.W.L.-level History of Magic curriculum at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. During the 1995-1996 school year, this was a recurrent subject of Professor Cuthbert Binns's classes, and the professor once set a foot-and-a-half-long essay about it. Later still, at least one of the members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force would think back to their lesson on the subject with Professor Binns and recall that, while dull, that they learned facts that in retrospect provided them with an insight into how to stun a Giant.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 16 (Godric's Hollow)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter: Wizards Unite: (See video)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 12 (Professor Umbridge)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 17 (Educational Decree Number Twenty-Four)