At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
In early 1996, Luna Lovegood ordered a glass of Gillywater at the Three Broomsticks Inn which she drunk with an added slice of onion, whilst she was there with Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Rita Skeeter.
In December 1996, Romilda Vane once tried to convince Harry Potter to drink some that she had spiked with Love Potion in the Gryffindor Common Room, to which he declined, saying that he disliked Gillywater. As he was aware that the one he was being offered was spiked with Love Potion, it was unclear if he actually disliked it, or if it was just an excuse.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that this drink contains Gillyweed as an ingredient, although this is unproven.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Wizarding World
- Harry Potter Limited Edition
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 10 (The Marauder's Map)
- Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 8 (Sickleworth)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 25 (The Beetle at Bay)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 15 (The Unbreakable Vow)