|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
This unidentified female Head was a gimlet-eyed witch who, at some point, became Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In 1995, she threatened fellow Hogwarts Headmaster Phineas Nigellus Black with her unusually thick wand when he told the current Hogwarts Headmaster Albus Dumbledore he didn't feel like passing a message onto his great-great grandson, Sirius Black. Phineas Black apparently took her seriously enough to rapidly revise his position.
Personality and traits
This witch seemed to have a forceful personality as she was quick to threaten Phineas Nigellus Black with her wand when he ignored Dumbledore's request. Apparently she was rather intimidating as she was taken seriously by Black. Due to this she may have been a skilled duelist when she was alive.
Her portrait appeared to be extremely loyal towards Albus Dumbledore, and presumably towards whoever was the current headmaster/headmistress.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that this Headmistress was the Headteacher of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during 1792.
- At one point she threatened Phineas Black with her wand. It's unknown if portraits can use magic within their portraits, though Phineas's reaction indicates that she could potentially harm him. It's also possible that she simply would've used her wand as a club.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 22 (St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries)
- ↑ She had a portrait in the Headmaster's office
- ↑ She told Phineas Nigellus Black to be quiet after he disrespected Dumbledore
- ↑ She gave Harry a standing ovation after Voldemort died