At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Madam Pomfrey, the nurse, was kept busy by a sudden spate of colds among the staff and students. Her Pepperup potion worked instantly, though it left the drinker smoking at the ears for several hours afterward."
- — Description[src]
Sometime in the late eighteenth or early nineteenth centuries, Glover Hipworth developed the Pepperup Potion, based on an earlier remedy by 12th century potioneer Linfred of Stinchcombe, used today as an efficacious magical remedy for the common cold.
By the 1990s, Hipworth was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card, which pictured him symbolically sneezing, in a reference to his achievement. In the 1993–1994 school year a portrait of him guarded a secret room in the Dungeons, at Hogwarts Castle; the password was Gesundheit (the German word for "health", also used for "Bless you").
Magical abilities and skills
- Potions: Hipworth was a professional Potioneer and was highly proficient in the art of brewing potions, having invented the Pepperup Potion, a Healing potion which remedies the effects of the Common cold. For his achievement, he was included on a Chocolate Frog Card, showing the great level of talent he possessed in this branch of magic and science.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears in portrait(s))
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references