|"I show not your face but your heart's desire."|
In June 1996, while Dumbledore's Army infiltrated the Department of Mysteries, Harry stunned a Death Eater, who fell back into a grandfather clock (one of many) inside the Time Room. Another Death Eater began to topple grandfather clocks and overturn desks after his head de-aged into a baby's.
In July 1996, when Harry accompanied Albus Dumbledore to Budleigh Babberton, Harry found a splintered grandfather clock with its face cracked. This was part of Horace Slughorn's scheme to evade the Death Eaters by pretending he had already been attacked and carried off, and the clock was presumably repaired alongside the other damage Slughorn did to the squat.
Behind the scenes
- The Weasley Clock is described as a grandfather clock in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but Molly Weasley later begins to carry the clock around with her in Half-Blood Prince, and Harry notes that the clock used to hang on the wall at the Burrow; it therefore cannot be a grandfather clock.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Frank Bryce finds a grandfather clock inside the Riddle House that is covered in cobwebs when he points his torch to it.
- Remus Lupin does not specify where the boggart's grandfather clock was, but it probably wasn't the grandfather clock in 12 Grimmauld Place; Lupin, a half-blood and a werewolf, would not have been welcome in that house until his friend Sirius Black took possession in the summer of 1995. It might have been the grandfather clock outside Gryffindor Tower, or (more likely) it was an otherwise insignificant grandfather clock in another location.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 16 (Through the Trapdoor)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 7 (The Boggart in the Wardrobe)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 6 (The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 35 (Beyond the Veil)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 4 (Horace Slughorn)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World - Case 2: The Smell of Fear