At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, and Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
The political boundaries and governance of the nearby island of Ireland in the wizarding world are unknown. Even though only part of Ireland is within the United Kingdom, it may be under the jurisdiction of the British Ministry of Magic in the wizarding world as of 1994.
Many British wizards and witches attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Scotland. Established around the 10th century, Hogwarts is considered to be one of the finest magical institutions in the wizarding world.
Children with magical abilities are enrolled at birth, and acceptance is confirmed by owl post at age eleven.
Those who do not wish to attend Hogwarts have the option of home-schooling. Durmstrang Institute also accepts British students if they have wizarding heritage, not not Muggle heritage.
The following creatures are found in certain regions of Europe that Great Britain falls under:
The following creatures are found throughout the North Sea:
The following creatures are found throughout the Atlantic Ocean:
The following creatures are all found worldwide:
Magical games and sports
- The Appleby Arrows
- The Chudley Cannons
- The English National Quidditch team
- The Falmouth Falcons
- Shuntbumps is a popular game in Devon.
- Swivenhodge is a broom game that began in Herefordshire.
- The Tutshill Tornados
- The Wimbourne Wasps
- The Banchory Bangers were a Scottish Quidditch team noted for their poor skills and post-match parties, but were disbanded in 1814.
- Creaothceann originated in Scotland, and is regarded as the most dangerous of all broom games.
- Montrose Magpies
- Pride of Portree
- The Scottish National Quidditch team
- Wigtown Wanderers
- The Ballycastle Bats
Food and beverages
- A Cornish pastie is a pastry from Cornwall, England.
- The source of the sparkling beverage McSpratts is in the Vale of McGowan in the Scottish Highlands.
- Quintin Black was a brand of alcohol produced and sold in Scotland by the Quintin family.
- Yorkshire pudding is a dish that originated in Yorkshire, England.
- Ministry of Magic
- Diagon Alley
- Knockturn Alley
- Hogsmeade, Scotland
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Scotland
- Ellis Moor
- Little Norton
- Brockdale Bridge
- Budleigh Babberton
- Chipping Clodbury
- Horcrux cave, by the Sea
- Hut-on-the-Rock, on the Sea
- Ilkey Moor
- Isle of Wight, an island county located about five miles off the south coast of the English mainland.
- Charing Cross Road
- Elephant and Castle
- Grimmauld Place
- King's Cross Station, London
- Millennium Bridge
- Museum of Quidditch
- Paddington Station
- Post Office Tower
- Private Hospital
- Pudding Lane
- Tottenham Court Road
- Vauxhall Road
- Wool's Orphanage
- Upper Barnton
- Cotswolds (partially)
- West Country, a region of southwestern England.
- Wimbourne Minster
- Wye River
- Argyllshire, was a county of Scotland until 1975
- River Clyde, a river that runs through Glasgow
- Hebrides Islands (a group of islands located off the northernmost tip of Scotland)
- Inverness, a city in Scotland
- Loch Lomond, a famous lake in Scotland
- Loch Ness, a large freshwater loch in the Scottish Highlands
- Vale of McGowan, Scottish Highlands
Behind the scenes
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter
- LEGO Dimensions
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 8 (The Quidditch World Cup) - The Bulgarian National Quidditch team was represented by the Bulgarian Minister for Magic, while the Irish National Quidditch team was represented by Cornelius Fudge of the British Ministry of Magic. In addition, the British and Irish Quidditch League, which falls under the authority of the Department of Magical Games and Sports of the British Ministry of Magic, has both a team from Ballycastle, Northern Ireland and a team from Kenmare, Republic of Ireland. This suggests that the whole of Ireland may be a single political entity that falls under the jurisdiction of the British Ministry of Magic in the wizarding world.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ ARTICLE - Add to Template:PM at Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- ↑ Pottermore
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets