|"I show not your face but your heart's desire."|
Green Sparks (incantation unknown) is a charm which precipitates a jet of green sparks from the tip of the wand, something that may be useful to signal an emergency and call for help. It can also be used offensively as a minor duelling spell. It is covered in the book The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection.
During their search for the dead unicorn in the Forbidden Forest in the 1991–1992 school year Rubeus Hagrid instructed Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Neville Longbottom and Draco Malfoy to use Red Sparks if they were in trouble and green sparks if they have found the unicorn.
Behind the scenes
- Given that this spell and the Verdimillious Charm have identical effects, it is almost certain that "Verdimillious" is just the incantation for Green Sparks, similar to how "Vermillious" is the incantation for Red Sparks.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Spells/Duels) (First identified as Green Sparks)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 15 (The Forbidden Forest)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 9 (The Midnight Duel) - "But people only die in proper duels, you know, with real wizards. The most you and Malfoy'll be able to do is send sparks at each other. Neither of you knows enough magic to do any real damage."
- ↑ "The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection" under the "Spells" menu on Pottermore