The name "Gregory" is the English form of Latin Gregorius, which was from the Late Greek name Γρηγοριος (Gregorios), derived from γρηγορος (gregoros) meaning "watchful, alert". This name was popular among early Christians, being borne by a number of important saints including Saint Gregory Thaumaturgus (3rd century), Saint Gregory of Nyssa (4th century), Saint Gregory of Nazianzus (4th century), and Saint Gregory of Tours (6th century). It was also borne by the 6th-century pope Saint Gregory I the Great, a reformer and Doctor of the Church, as well as 15 subsequent popes.
- Daily Prophet Newsletters (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ As he was employed by the Appleby Arrows by 1999 he was presumably over 17.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Wizards, Witches and Beings: C" on the Harry Potter Lexicon
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Wizards, Witches and Beings: M" on The Harry Potter Lexicon
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Daily Prophet newsletters" on The Harry Potter Lexicon
- ↑ "Wizards, Witches and Beings: P" on the Harry Potter Lexicon