At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Four poster beds are covered in red eiderdowns with red curtains, a nightstand next to it and their school trunks at the foot of their bed. A yellow banner that says Gryffindor with their house mascot is hung on top of their bed. A wooden chair and dresser is near the bed. A lamp is placed on their dresser and on their wooden board. A wooden board is situated on either side of their bed for students to decorate. The dorm has stone walls and wooden floors. The windows have red curtains. There is also a white pillow on the floor, a perch on their dresser, and a snuffbox on top of their trunk for their pets.
The staircase to the girl's dormitory is enchanted so that if a boy attempts to enter the dormitory, a wailing klaxon goes off and the staircase turns into a stone slide, sending them back to the Common Room. According to Hogwarts: A History, the founders believed that girls were more trustworthy than boys, so while the girls’ staircase is enchanted to prevent boys from getting in, the boys’ staircase does not carry a reciprocal enchantment.
Behind the scenes
- Despite the Girl's Dormitory's exterior being shown in films and books, the interior was only seen in the console versions of the Prisoner of Azkaban video game, except for a very brief appearance in the Philosopher's Stone film.
- In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Hermione Granger mentions that she summoned the library books about Horcruxes from the Headmaster's Office using the Summoning Charm, and that she was able to watch them fly out of the windows of the Headmaster's Office and into the window of the Gryffindor Girls' Dormitory where she stood. This suggests that at least one window of the dormitory had a clear view of the Headmaster's Tower, which is attached to the Marble Staircase Tower.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery