- "If Gryffindor beat Ravenclaw by a margin of three hundred points (a tall order, and yet Harry had never known his team fly better) then they would win the championship. If they won by less than three hundred points, they would come second to Ravenclaw; if they lost by a hundred points they would be third behind Hufflepuff and if they lost by more than a hundred, they would be in fourth place and nobody, Harry thought, would ever, ever let him forget that it had been he who had captained Gryffindor to their first bottom-of-the-table defeat in two centuries."
- —Harry's thought prior to the match[src]
This Quidditch game was played between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw on Saturday 10 May, 1997. The game was the final one of the year and the decider of whether Gryffindor would win the Quidditch Cup for the third time since Harry Potter joined the in team in 1991, though he would not play.
Gryffindor lost their game with Hufflepuff by 260 points when Harry Potter was knocked out from his broom. Cormac McLaggen who replaced Ron Weasley on Keeper position, had taken a beater's bat and try to instruct Peakes on how to hit a Bludger towards an oncoming Cadwallader. He however mishit it and knocked Harry out, sending him to the hospital wing.
On 22 April 1997, Harry Potter used Sectumsempra on Draco Malfoy in sixth-floor boys' bathroom, witnessed by Moaning Myrtle, and consequently received detention for the remaining Saturdays of the school year, therefore could not play in the match. Harry, knowing he would not play, restored Ginny Weasley as a substitute Seeker, also restoring Dean Thomas to play again as a Chaser.
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, should be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
Rolanda Hooch was once again referee for the match. The process of the match is unknown, but Gryffindor was winning 300 to 140 when Ginevra Weasley caught the Golden Snitch to give her team next 150 points and win the Quidditch match.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 24 (Sectumsempra) - "The final match of the Quidditch season, Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw, was to take place on the first weekend of May."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 25 (The Seer Overheard)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 19 (Elf Tails)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 24 (Sectumsempra)