At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Gulliver Pokeby (1750 - 1839) was a wizard, Magizoologist, expert on magical birds and the author of Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried. He was the first to identify that the Augurey's cries meant rain was coming, rather than impending death. He was immortalised on a Chocolate Frog Card, which featured him wearing his golden pocket watch.
Magical abilities and skills
- Magizoology: Pokeby was an expert of magical ornithology, the study of magical birds, having famously discovered the true explanation of the Augurey's cries meaning impending rain rather than death, a very important scientific discovery in this field. He wrote the book on the subject Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried, showing his experience and knowledge of his research.
Gulliver is French for glutton.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references