- "I entered a leafy glade, only to be confronted by a pair of prowling Gytrashes. These large dog-like spirits barred my way and so, whipping out my trusty wand, I cast Lumos to illuminate its tip, whereupon the Gytrashes retreated from the light and I was free to pass through the forest unmolested."
- —Gilderoy Lockhart, Marauding with Monsters[src]
The Gytrash is a large, dog-like spirit with a forked tail. This fast and dangerous brute runs wild the throughout woodlands of Great Britain, such as in the Forbidden Forest of Scotland and the New Forest in England, either singly or in groups.
The Gytrash is very sensitive to light, and a simple Wand-Lighting Charm can be used to ward off Gytrashes. It is also particularly vulnerable to the Red Sparks, but is resistant to the Fire-making spell, and the Verdimillious Charm.
Behind the scenes
- The Gytrash is a supernatural creature in English folklore, and is described as a black dog, that also sometimes takes the form of a spectral mule. It is similar, and possibly related, to the Grim.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 Version only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Folio Bruti (GBA version only)) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - (GBC version)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) - (Sixth-generation console version)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - (Chocolate Frog Card)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Sixth-generation console version)
- ↑ Gytrash on Wikipedia