- "I entered a leafy glade, only to be confronted by a pair of prowling Gytrashes. These large dog-like spirits barred my way and so, whipping out my trusty wand, I cast Lumos to illuminate its tip, whereupon the Gytrashes retreated from the light and I was free to pass through the forest unmolested."
- —Gilderoy Lockhart, Marauding with Monsters[src]
The Gytrash is very sensitive to light, and a simple Wand-Lighting Charm can be used to ward off Gytrashes. It is also particularly vulnerable to the Red Sparks, but is resistant to the Fire-making spell, and the Verdimillious Charm.
Behind the scenes
- The Gytrash is a supernatural creature in English folklore, and is described as a black dog, that also sometimes takes the form of a spectral mule. It is similar, and possibly related, to the Grim.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 Version only) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBA, GBC, and Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 versions only) (Appears on a Bestiary)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Folio Bruti (GBA version only)) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.