|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "There had been a horrible incident the day before, when Hannah Abbott had been taken out of Herbology to be told her mother had been found dead. They had not seen Hannah since."
- — News of Mrs Abbott's death[src]
During the Second Wizarding War, Mrs Abbott was found dead in her home. She was murdered by Death Eaters, followers of Lord Voldemort. When Hannah was informed of this during a sixth year Herbology class, she was removed from Hogwarts.
Behind the scenes
- Mrs Abbott may have been a Muggle or Muggle-born, as the Abbott family is a known pure-blood family yet Hannah was a half-blood, which would explain why she was killed by Death Eaters. However, it is possible that it was instead one of Hannah's grandparents that had the Muggle ancestry.
- Alternatively, she may have been a supporter of Muggles or refused to assist the Death Eaters.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 11 (Hermione's Helping Hand)