|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "There had been a horrible incident the day before, when Hannah Abbott had been taken out of Herbology to be told her mother had been found dead. They had not seen Hannah since."
- — News of Mrs Abbott's death[src]
Mrs Abbott (d. 1996) was the mother of Hufflepuff student Hannah Abbott. During the Second Wizarding War, Mrs Abbott was found dead in her home. She was murdered by Death Eaters, followers of Lord Voldemort. When Hannah was informed of this during a sixth year Herbology class, she was removed from Hogwarts.
Behind the scenes
- Mrs Abbott may have been a Muggle or Muggle-born, as the Abbott family is a known pure-blood family yet Hannah was a half-blood, which would explain why she was killed by Death Eaters. However, it is possible that it was instead one of Hannah's grandparents that had the Muggle ancestry.
- Alternatively, she may have been a supporter of Muggles or refused to assist the Death Eaters.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 11 (Hermione's Helping Hand)