Harper was a wizard who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1992, and was sorted into Slytherin. He was described by Ginevra Weasley as "an idiot". During the 1996–1997 school year, he was the reserve Seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch team, and played against Gryffindor when Draco Malfoy pulled out of the squad.
Harper was born in the early 1980s.
In 1996, he became a Seeker for the Slytherin Quidditch team. He was a dirty player, deliberately ramming the opposing Seeker Harry Potter during the first Quidditch match of 1996 and making snide comments about Ron Weasley. He quickly spotted the Golden Snitch before Harry did, possibly because Harry was furious about Zacharias Smith and he was distracted. However, when it seemed that he was about to catch it, he was put off by Harry's desperate taunt, implying that Draco Malfoy had paid Harper to play instead. Harper, in his distraction, fumbled the Snitch, costing his team the game.
Personality and traits
Harper appeared to share the pure-blood supremacist beliefs of fellow Slytherins, as shown by his snide comments about Ron Weasley being a blood traitor. He also lacked good sportsmanship and took part in foul play, deliberately ramming Harry Potter during the first Quidditch match of 1996.
Magical skills and abilities
- Flying: As a Quidditch player, Harper was a reasonably proficient broomstick flyer. Harper appeared to have a keen eyesight, spotting the Snitch before even Harry Potter did, but being unable to catch it first.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Cut from the final edit)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 14 (Felix Felicis)
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- The Slytherin Seeker which Harry plays against is unnamed, but can be assumed to be Harper.