|"Wait, I do sense something!"
This page contains, or revolves around, a confirmed future release. As the release date of the product approaches and more information becomes available, the content of the page may change dramatically.
Harry Potter: Magic Awakened is a mobile game for iOS and Android available for pre-release registration in China. It combines RPG story-telling and card-based combat and its story starts from the 2008–2009 school year.
Ten years after Harry Potter's legendary victory over Lord Voldemort at the Battle of Hogwarts, a young Muggle-born receives an unexpected visit from a giant of a man by the name of Rubeus Hagrid, who has come to deliver their letter of acceptance to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, explain to them about the existence of the wizarding world and to escort them to Diagon Alley to purchase the necessary supplies for their first year. Upon arriving, however, a mystery begins to unfold on the grounds when one of the first years, Ivy Warrington, goes mysteriously missing during the Sorting Ceremony and the player has to help find her.
Players will be able to customise their character, select their Hogwarts House, attend lessons, explore Hogwarts, and join the Duelling Club. As the player grows, they will learn new spells, make new friends, and use their knowledge of magic to design unique strategies and spell combinations in a card-based combat system.
- Unidentified student - the player's character
- Ivy Warrington
- Daniel Page
- Lottie Turner
- Robyn Thistlethwaite
- Colby Frey
- Fisher Frey
- Rubeus Hagrid
- Minerva McGonagall
- Horace Slughorn
- Neville Longbottom
- Pomona Sprout
- Filius Flitwick
- Argus Filch
- Rolanda Hooch
- Albus Dumbledore (flashback)
- Severus Snape (flashback)
Behind the scenes
- This title was also used as a early title for the game Hogwarts Legacy for which test footage was leaked in 2018. The existence of Hogwarts Legacy was confirmed on September on September 16, 2020 through the PlayStation 5 Event.
- There are portions of the game mechanics where characters such as students uses magic and resources in duels that cannot be seen as canon, as they are often ones that they would either have no access to, or be incapable of using. For instance, to make the combat system more engaging, the game developers have depicted characters as young as first year students using Unforgivable Curses against their adversaries, a crime they would never have been allowed to get away with, let alone able to commit given the difficulty of said spells; as well as spells they wouldn't necessarily know about, such as the ones invented by Severus Snape and wasn't common knowledge for younger generations. There are also the option to summon trolls and even Hagrid to fight for you, the former of which would have been disinterested in following the instructions of a wizard in battle, let alone those of a child, and the latter being unlikely to combat groups of first years at the behest of another first year. The non-canon state of some of these is even more obvious when multiple students conjure up Hagrid to fight for them at once.
Notes and references
- https://game.163.com/news/2020/06/02/18455_884321.html - a page from the official website of NetEase states that the story starts ten years after the Battle of Hogwarts ("游戏故事时间设定在霍格沃茨大战十年之后")
|J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series|
|Philosopher's Stone||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Chamber of Secrets||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Prisoner of Azkaban||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Goblet of Fire||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Order of the Phoenix||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Half-Blood Prince||book||film||game||film soundtrack||game soundtrack|
|Deathly Hallows||book||film 1||game 1||film soundtrack 1||game soundtrack 1|
|film 2||game 2||film soundtrack 2||game soundtrack 2|
|Fantastic Beasts (film series)|
|Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them||book||screenplay||film||soundtrack||game|
|The Crimes of Grindelwald||screenplay||film||soundtrack|
|Fantastic Beasts 3||film|
|Fantastic Beasts 4||film|
|Fantastic Beasts 5||film|