On 6 December 1926, he attended an emergency meeting of the International Confederation of Wizards to discuss the magical disturbances happening in New York. He questioned Newt Scamander about his reasons for being in New York and was sceptical of the reply that he was there to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein.
Behind the scenes
- Hector Podmore was portrayed by Richard Clothier in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but was credited only as "British Envoy".
- Interestingly, the Minister for Magic during the time period was Hector Fawley; it is possible he was intented to be this character but there having been a mix-up with the names. He could also have have been just a senior Ministry official, as the title of Minister has been used elsewhere in canon to refer to high-ranking individuals within the Ministry's Departments.
- Alternatively, the title of Minister might, in this case, indicate that Hector Podmore was a diplomat. In the real world, a Minister (in full, "Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary", also referred simply as "envoy") was a diplomatic head of mission of the second class (ranked below Ambassador); the position was commonplace in the time period Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) is set, but became obsolete after the Second World War as most countries upgraded their diplomatic rank to ambassadorial.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)