On 6 December 1926, he attended an emergency meeting of the International Confederation of Wizards to discuss the magical disturbances happening in New York. He questioned Newt Scamander about his reasons for being in New York and was sceptical of the reply that he was there to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein.
Behind the scenes
- Hector Podmore was portrayed by Richard Clothier in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, but was credited as British Envoy.
- Given how the British Ministry of Magic has a Minister of Magical Transportation, it is not unthinkable that Podmore is a Minister of International Magical Cooperation and, as such, presumably head of that department and representing the Ministry and its interests at the ICW. He could also have possibly been a junior minister for the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, given that there was a magical catastrophe going on in New York and he was summoned to New York for discussion.
- Alternatively, he could have been intended to be Hector Fawley, then Minister for Magic but there being a mix up in the names.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First appearance)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)