|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Behind the scenes
- Hengist, or Hengest, was the name of a semi-legendary Jute or Frisian warrior who supposedly answered the call of King Vortigern to fight the Picts, and then became the first King of Kent during the 5th century. He, or other people with that name, was featured both in the epic poem Beowulf (8th to 11th century), and later in the mythology of King Arthur along with a supposed brother, Horsa.
- The word "Hengest" or "Hengist" is common Germanic for "stallion".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card) (Gifford Ollerton)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card) (Gifford Ollerton)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)