Behind the scenes
- Hengist, or Hengest, was the name of a semi-legendary Jute or Frisian warrior who supposedly answered the call of King Vortigern to fight the Picts, and then became the first King of Kent during the 5th century. He, or other people with that name, was featured both in the epic poem Beowulf (8th to 11th century), and later in the mythology of King Arthur along with a supposed brother, Horsa.
- The word "Hengest" or "Hengist" is common Germanic for "stallion".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card) (Gifford Ollerton)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card) (Gifford Ollerton)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.