Henry "Harry" Potter was a wizard who served on the Wizengamot from 1913 to 1921. He was the father of Fleamont Potter, the paternal grandfather of James Potter, the great-grandfather of the famous Harry Potter, and the great-great-grandfather of James Sirius, Albus Severus, and Lily Luna Potter.
Henry was born somewhere in England in or prior to 1892. He was a direct descendant of Hardwin and Iolanthe Potter on his father's side. His mother was a member of the Fleamont family. It was her dying wish that Henry preserve her maiden name, which would otherwise die with her, and thus he named his son Fleamont.
Henry served as a member of the Wizengamot from 1913 to 1921. He caused a minor controversy by publicly condemning the then-Minister for Magic Archer Evermonde's decision to forbid the wizarding community from aiding Muggles during the First World War. Henry's outspoken pro-Muggle views were one of the chief reasons for the Potter family's exclusion from the Sacred Twenty-Eight.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that James and Lily Potter named their son, Harry Potter, after him.
- In the American film It's a Wonderful Life (director Frank Capra, 1946), "Henry F. Potter" is the name of the antagonist, whose mannerisms are much akin to Lucius Malfoy.
- As the mother of Henry's son, Fleamont, is labelled as unknown on the Potter family tree, it can be assumed that Fleamont was born out of wedlock, although this is not confirmed.
Notes and references
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (see this image) - The Daily Prophet released in 1926 that states his son Fleamont had released his hair potion, meaning he is of age. Henry, to be of age to father Fleamont in 1909, could be born no later than 1892.
- Henry Potter's grandson, James Potter I is pure-blood (see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 12 (Silver and Opals)). In order to be pure-blood as defined by J.K. Rowling in an article, James must have no Muggle or Muggle-born grandparents meaning that Henry Potter is at least Half-blood.
- Writing by J. K. Rowling: "The Potter Family" at Wizarding World
|Death (manufacturer) · Antioch Peverell · Antioch Peverell's killer · Emeric the Evil · Egbert the Egregious · Godelot · Hereward · Barnabas Deverill · Loxias · Arcus and/or Livius · Mykew Gregorovitch · Gellert Grindelwald · Albus Dumbledore · Draco Malfoy (master only) · Tom Riddle (owner only) · Harry Potter · (Interred)|
|Death (manufacturer) · Cadmus Peverell · Unidentified Gaunt · (generations of Gaunts) · Corvinus Gaunt · Marvolo Gaunt · Morfin Gaunt · Tom Riddle · Albus Dumbledore · Harry Potter · (lost)|
|Cloak of Invisibility|
|Death (manufacturer) · Ignotus Peverell · Ignotus Peverell's son · Iolanthe Potter · Unidentified Potter · (generations of Potters) · Henry Potter · Fleamont Potter · James Potter I · Albus Dumbledore (owner only) · Harry Potter · James Potter II · Albus Potter|