At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Euugghh! That's disgusting."
- — The foul taste of this potion[src]
Herbicide Potion (or simply Herbicide) was a poisonous potion that killed or damages plants. It had a disgusting taste and was not fit for human consumption, since it may have negatively affected the drinker's health. The recipe for this potion could be found in Magical Drafts and Potions.
- Add 4 lionfish spines to the mortar
- Crush into a rough powder using the pestle
- Add 2 measurements of Standard Ingredient to the mortar
- Crush into a rough powder
- Add 3 measures of the crushed mixture to your cauldron
- Wave your wand
- Leave to brew and return in 45/51/60 minutes (depending on your cauldron)
- Add 2 measures of Horklump juice to your cauldron
- Heat to a medium temperature for 10 seconds
- Add 2 blobs of Flobberworm Mucus to your cauldron while it is still on the heat
- Stir 4 times, clockwise
- Wave your wand to complete the potion
Behind the scenes
- Brewing a Herbicide potion is free, as all of its ingredients regenerate.
- Probably due to its poor points per galleon-minute, according to the Pottermore Insider, Herbicide is the least commonly brewed potion.
- While the Antidote to Common Poisons has an even worse points per galleon-minute, it is much quicker to make. Additionally all of Herbicide ingredients come in bottles, which are known for being extremely unwieldy.
- Although Pottermore described this as an advanced potion, the brewing of it has been shown to be taught in first year Potions classes in the first video game and Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, some LEGO plants can be destroyed by being made to ingest black bottles of poison, which are possibly bottles of the Herbicide Potion.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance) (GBC version)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (NDS version only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Possible appearance)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, Chapter 7 (Class Matters) - Potions Lesson "Herbicide Potion"
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - GBC version