|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
The Herbivicus Charm (Herbivicus) is a charm used to rapidly increase the growth rate of plants and cause flowers to bloom. The spell can also be used to defeat certain Creatures, most notably the Vampyr Mosp.
Upon casting, a twisting jet of brilliant green light will shoot from the wand. A crackling ball of emerald-green energy will appear at the tip of the wand, with an identical one appearing at the plant one is charming. A thick jet of green light connects them. The plant will rapidly begin blooming.
Behind the scenes
- A spellbook which detailed how to cast this charm was owned by Professor Pomona Sprout, which she used to teach her Herbology classes.
- Herbivicus Duo is a stronger version of this charm.
- This spell may be related to Rose Growth, a charm which has identical effects, but which presumably only works on rose bushes.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game) (DS only)