It's unknown what Hereward did after obtaining the wand. He ultimately lost possession of the Elder Wand at some point, presumably by being defeated in a duel, killed, or disarmed.
The name "Hereward" is derived from the Old English elements here "army" and weard "guard", from which the magial kind of "ward" (as a protection) is also derived. This was the name of an 11th-century Anglo-Saxon leader who rebelled against Norman rule.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First mentioned)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- His father was a wizard, his mother's blood status is unknown.
- It is most likely that he owned another wand before the Elder Wand.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 21 (The Tale of the Three Brothers)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (real) - Albus Dumbledore on "The Tale of the Three Brothers"
|Death (Manufacturer) · Antioch Peverell · Antioch Peverell's killer · Emeric the Evil · Egbert the Egregious · Godelot · Hereward · Barnabas Deverill · Loxias · Arcus and/or Livius · Mykew Gregorovitch · Gellert Grindelwald · Albus Dumbledore · Draco Malfoy (Master Only) · Tom Riddle (Owner Only) · Harry Potter · (Interred)|
|Death (Manufacturer) · Cadmus Peverell · Unidentified Gaunt · (Generations of Gaunts) · Corvinus Gaunt · Marvolo Gaunt · Morfin Gaunt · Tom Riddle · Albus Dumbledore · Harry Potter · (Lost)|
|Cloak of Invisibility|
|Death (Manufacturer) · Ignotus Peverell · Ignotus Peverell's son · Iolanthe Potter · Unidentified Potter · (Generations of Potters) · Henry Potter · Fleamont Potter · James Potter · Albus Dumbledore (Owner Only) · Harry Potter · James S. Potter · Albus Potter|