It's unknown what Hereward did after obtaining the wand. He ultimately lost possession of the Elder Wand at some point, presumably by being defeated in a duel, killed, or disarmed.
The name "Hereward" is derived from the Old English elements here "army" and weard "guard", from which the magial kind of "ward" (as a protection) is also derived. This was the name of an 11th-century Anglo-Saxon leader who rebelled against Norman rule.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First mentioned)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- His father was a wizard, his mother's blood status is unknown.
- It is most likely that he owned another wand before the Elder Wand.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 21 (The Tale of the Three Brothers)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (real) - Albus Dumbledore on "The Tale of the Three Brothers"