Herman Wintringham (c. 1974) was a wizard and the lutenist for the popular band the Weird Sisters. He was extremely hairy and joined his fellow band members to play at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at the Yule Ball in 1994.
Behind the scenes
- Herman Wintringham and Merton Graves were absent from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and did not play with the Weird Sisters.
- If Herman attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he would have attended from 1985 to 1992, being a seventh year when Harry Potter was a first year.
The name "Herman" means "army man", derived from the Germanic elements hari "army" and man "man".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance) (Unnamed)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 23 (The Yule Ball)
|The Weird Sisters|
|Lead singer||Lead guitar||Rhythm guitar||Bass guitar|
|Myron Wagtail||Kirley Duke||Heathcote Barbary||Donaghan Tremlett|
|Gideon Crumb||Orsino Thruston||Merton Graves||Herman Wintringham|
|Do The Hippogriff · Magic Works · This Is The Night|