Hermes (fl. 1991-1995) is a screech owl belonging to Percy Weasley. Hermes was purchased for Percy by his father as a reward for becoming a Gryffindor prefect in his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- Hermes (Ἑρμής) was the messenger of the gods in Greek mythology. Coincidentally, this is also the origin of the name "Hermione". This is very fitting for Percy, as he and Hermione always got along well at school, and given Percy's pompous nature, he would prefer to name his owl after a divine messenger.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First identified as Hermes)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Mentioned as "an owl")
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (GBA/NintendoDS version)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.