|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "The first recorded Basilisk was bred by Herpo the Foul, a Greek Dark wizard and Parselmouth, who discovered after much experimentation that a chicken egg hatched beneath a toad would produce a gigantic serpent possessed of extraordinarily dangerous powers."
- —Newt Scamander, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them[src]
Behind the scenes
- Ironically Herpo the Foul was also responsible for creating the first Horcrux which are known to be vulnerable to Basilisk venom. It is unknown if there is any further connection.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Wizard of the Month (Herpo the Foul) (Mentioned only)