On 1 September, 1991, George Weasley joked that he would send his sister Ginny one of these, a reference to her mother's statement that she didn't want to get one more owl that he and Fred had "blown up a toilet."
Around the end of the school year in 1992, Fred and George Weasley actually did blow up several toilets in the boys' restroom on the fifth floor, taking a toilet, and attempted to send it to Harry Potter while he was in the Hospital Wing, recovering from his ordeal with Professor Quirinus Quirrell / Lord Voldemort in the Underground Chambers. It was intercepted, however, by Madam Pomfrey, who felt that it might not be hygienic and therefore stored it temporarily in a nearby closet.
Behind the scenes
- According to James and Oliver Phelps, the craziest thing that a fan of theirs has ever done was to bring them a "toilet seat to sign... a toilet seat with a Hogwarts crest."
- In both the U.S. and U.K. versions, it is referred to in Chapter 6 as "toilet seat," but in Chapter 17 of the U.K. edition, it is given as "lavatory seat."
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 17 (The Man with Two Faces)
- ↑ Pottermore
- ↑ LeakyNews - MegaCon Q&A with James & Oliver Phelps