Holden Ledbury was a wizard and Slytherin student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1990s. Along with Imogen Stretton, he blocked access to an area of the school grounds during the 1996–1997 school year, telling Harry Potter that this was due to "top secret Slytherin business."
The name "Holden" comes from a surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "deep valley" in Old English. This is the name of the main character in J. D. Salinger's novel The Catcher in the Rye (1951), Holden Caufield.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance) (Console versions)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (NDS version only)
Notes and references
- He was at least in his first year at Hogwarts during the 1993-1994 school year.
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)